Louis Charles Pauly
March 3, 1991
|Occupation||Content Creator & Travel Blogger|
|Organization||Wanderers & Warriors|
|Height||5 ft 8 in (173 cm)|
|Relatives||Joe Pauly (Brother)|
Louis Charles Pauly (born March 3, 1991) is a British content creator and travel blogger who goes by the moniker Charlie Pauly. He is best known for his blog - Wanderers & Warriors where he shares travel guides and his social media handles, especially Instagram and YouTube, where he documents his travels across the world.
Pauly started his career as a professional blogger in 2017, and since then, he's gained a lot of attention for his unique content, garnering over 24,000 YouTube subscribers and over 300,000 Instagram followers.
Early life and education
Pauly was born on March 3, 1991, to Ian Pauly and Lou Pauly. He grew up in Worcester where the family lived on a narrowboat until 1992 when they all relocated to Peterborough. For almost 30 years, Pauly's parents owned and operated a professional boxing gym in Peterborough. As a result, he became addicted to the sport as a child, and at the age of 20, he was finally offered a professional contract after many years of competition. Pauly went to Ken Stimpson Community School but left when he was 16 to follow his aspirations of being a professional boxer.
It was after his three-month-long solo trip to East Coast, Australia, that he began documenting his travels and experiences. After spending a year travelling across Australia, Pauly decided to visit other places such as New Zealand and Southeast Asia.
Pauly chose to make a full-time career out of travelling and blogging after discovering his passion. To pay for his vacations, he had to work odd jobs including restaurant work, roofing, and even transporting bouncy castles. Pauly founded a clothing line, which operated under Wanders & Warriors, to create something sturdy and flexible enough to meet his travelling passion.
In 2016, Pauly met Lauren, who is his current travel and romantic partner. Since then, the couple has travelled extensively throughout India, Sri Lanka, Myanmar, the Philippines, and Thailand, and were based in Bali for a period of time. During their travels, Pauly and Lauren gained a lot of attention on social media, which led to sponsorships and lucrative partnership offers. Pauly is currently working with different global businesses and tourism boards, in addition to documenting his experiences on his blog.
Pauly and Lauren have been together for more than six years. The pair purchased a narrowboat to use as a base in the UK in 2019 and a campervan shortly after. Alternative living and tiny houses are two of their favourite things. Pauly is also a boxing enthusiast.
In the media
- "Influencer Interview: Travel bloggers Charlie & Lauren's Romantic Photo Diary". Beau Monde Traveler Luxury Travel Magazine. Retrieved 13 February 2022.
- Whitelocks, Sadie (19 July 2018). "How strangers from the same town fell in love and now travel the world". Mail Online. Retrieved 13 February 2022.
- Collins, Alyce (20 July 2018). "'Instagram allows us to travel the world'". news.com.au. Retrieved 15 February 2022.
- "The Top Things To Consider When Buying A Narrowboat". www.insure4boats.co.uk. Retrieved 15 February 2022.
- Collins, Alyce (22 July 2018). "How couple travels the world on frequent flyer points". Retrieved 15 February 2022.
- StearnsTwitter, Alia (15 May 2018). "Two International Adventurers Share Advice For Avoiding Travel Scams". UPROXX. Retrieved 13 February 2022.
|last1=has generic name (help)
- Santos, Rúben. "Casal britânico veio à Madeira e promoveu a ilha junto dos seus 112 mil seguidores". DNOTICIAS.PT (in português). Retrieved 13 February 2022.
- David, Becca (5 July 2018). "Creator Insights: Charlie & Lauren". Medium. Retrieved 15 February 2022.
- Collins, Alyce. "How couple travels the world on frequent flyer points". Ntnews. Retrieved 15 February 2022.
- "The first place we're going after lockdown - Charlie & Lauren". www.coolstays.com. Retrieved 15 February 2022.
- "Meet Traveler To Myanmar: Charlie and Lauren | Pro Niti Travel". Pro Niti - Myanmar Tour Operator for Adventure & Luxury Experience. 29 November 2017. Retrieved 15 February 2022.
- "50 Questions with Wanderers and Warriors' Charlie & Lauren". HUSSKIE. 10 October 2017. Retrieved 15 February 2022.
- "Charlie and Lauren - Travel Influencers". Socially Powerful. 4 October 2018. Retrieved 15 February 2022.