|Add a Photo|
Carolyn "C" White is the head coach of the Bentley University women's basketball team. She took over the role in 2020 following the retirement of Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame coach Barbara Stevens (basketball). White has been helping to coach the Falcons alongside Stevens for the past 18 years, serving first as an assistant and then eventually as the associate head coach beginning in the 2016-17 season. In 2008, the coaching pair was awarded "Best Coaching Combo" in NCAA Division II by the Women's Basketball Coaches Association.
White was a stand out student-athlete at Westwood High School (Massachusetts) where she helped contribute to four successful undefeated records in the Tri-Valley League over the course of her high school career. Her accomplishments as a Wolverine were later acknowledged when she was inducted into the Westwood High School Hall of Fame in 2008. Following high school, White decided to continue both her academic and athletic career at Bentley University, graduating in 2001 with a major in Marketing.
College Playing Career
From 1997 through 2001 White played Point guard for the Bentley Falcons, leading the team as a starter during both her junior and senior campaigns under head coach Barbara Stevens. In her third year on the team, she played a pivotal role in helping to secure a 27-4 record and was ultimately selected as the team's Most valuable player|MVP that season. The following season (2000-2001), her team managed to best their previous year's record, finishing 31-3 her senior year. White put up many impressive career totals during her time as a Falcon and still ranks among the top in categories including: points (1,056 - 33rd all-time), assists (486 - 12th all-time), and three-pointers (164 - 7th all-time).
Since joining the coaching staff at Bentley, White has experienced a winning outcome in 76.3% of games with an overall record of 438-136. As the recruiting coordinator, White has been recognized for bringing in some of the most prominent players in program history. She helped lead the program to a NCAA Division II National championship in 2014. Additionally, White's teams have received a little over a dozen NCAA tournament bids, resulting in four Elite Eight appearances as well. In terms of league play, with White as a coach, the Bentley University Women's Basketball Program has won seven Northeast-10 Conference regular season championships in addition to an equivalent number of league play-off championship titles.
- "Bentley". Bentley. Retrieved 2020-10-05.
- "WBCA Announces 2008 Superlative Winners for Division I and Division II" (PDF). WBCA Press Release. January 22, 2008. Retrieved October 2, 2020.
- "12 Inducted into the Inaugural Class of 2019 A STEP UP Assistant Coaches Hall of Fame". A STEP UP, Inc. Retrieved 2020-10-05.
- "Former Westwood Basketball Star Sticks to Her Roots". Westwood, MA Patch. 2010-07-16. Retrieved 2020-10-05.
- "FINAL 2000-01 WOMENS BASKETBALL STATISTICS REPORT - DIVISION II" (PDF). NCAA. 2001. Retrieved October 2, 2020.
- "Westwood's White named coach at Bentley". Hometown Weekly Newspapers. 2020-07-06. Retrieved 2020-10-05.
- "Former Westwood girls basketball standout C White takes over as head coach at Bentley". Boston Herald. 2020-06-27. Retrieved 2020-10-05.
This article "Carolyn White" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.