Ajax In Afrika
|18 Mar 2020|
Ajax In Afrika (English: Ajax in Africa) is a 2020 book written by Nieuwe Revu chief-editor Jonathan Ursem. It documents the history of association football club AFC Ajax on the African continent, and their expansion with sister club Cape Town Spurs F.C.Ajax Cape Town. The book tells the story of Ajax's history on the African continent and the establishment of Ajax Cape Town, following the acquisition of South African star-player Benni McCarthy in 1997. The book also explains the acquisition of the Ghanaian club Ashanti Goldfields in 1999, as well as explain the reason behind their African expansion and why they decided to headquarter their African operations in Cape Town. The book covers the 21-year history of the South African club and offers an up-close view of the trials, and tribulations they faced along the way. Steven Pienaar, Hans Vonk, Edwin van der Sar and Foppe de Haan contributed to the book. The book was well-received as it was published on the brink of Ajax severing ties with their sister club in South Africa. Much of the book was referenced in the press when the Dutch club announced that they were parting ways with the other shareholders involved.
- "Ajax in Afrika". Singel Uitgeverijen. 18 March 2020. Retrieved 3 December 2020.
- "Ajax verliest grip op satellietclub Ajax Cape Town". Nieuwe Revu. 12 February 2020. Retrieved 3 December 2020.
- "Voetballend van de townships naar succes in Arena, het bleef een illusie". Trouw. 27 March 2020. Retrieved 3 December 2020.
- "Ajax Cape Town: al twintig jaar een blok aan het been van de moederclub". Het Parool. 29 April 2020. Retrieved 3 December 2020.
- "'Gebrek aan focus en aandacht heeft Ajax Cape Town de das omgedaan'". NOS. 2 October 2020. Retrieved 3 December 2020.
- ""Het is kortzichtig van Ajax dat ze zijn gestopt met Ajax Cape Town"". Voetbalprimeur. 14 October 2020. Retrieved 3 December 2020.
This article "Ajax In Afrika" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.