Aaron D. Lewis
The topic of this article may not meet Wikitia's general notability guideline. (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Aaron D. Lewis
|Add a Photo|
|Known for||2019 Hartford mayoral election|
Professional Publishing Certification, Stanford University, CA
B.S Spanish, Central CT State University, CT
M.S Publishing, Pace University, NY
M.A and B.A Theology, Life Christian University, FL
Ph.D Philosophy, Life Christian University, FL
Aaron, whose late father was a pastor, now pastors the Family Church Hartford, CT: a multi-ethnic and post-denominational church. He has reportedly been involved in many mission outreaches that take food, medical aid and welfare to third world countries.
Dr. Lewis was a Democrat, he previously served as a member of the Seven District Democrats in East Hartford, CT and volunteered with several political campaigns. In November 2019, he ran for Mayor of Hartford in the 2019 Hartford Mayoral Election.
Every year Dr. Lewis' Scribe’s Institute organizes the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Gala for Literacy and Learning, where funds are raised towards the Scribe’s Institute Young Literacy Program. This program aims at reducing the literacy and achievement gap in Hartford.
In March 2016, a Public School Administrator in Hartford was involved in a sexting incident with a 13-year old. The Mayor of Hartford, Luke Bronin thanked Dr. Lewis who reached out to the school administrators and the police about the incidents.
Dr. Lewis released a statement regarding the incident: "I am grateful for the work of the Hartford Police Department in following through on this case and securing an arrest for Eddie Genao. My confidence that they would secure an arrest was strong from the beginning. The much larger problem at hand is that the Hartford Board of Education has made every effort since the investigation began to cast the blame on the innocent and to decline personal responsibility. To date Superintendent Narvaez has not made an official apology and neither has the Board Chair, Richard Wareing, nor has either reached out to the victim’s family. The underlying problem that allowed for predators to grow in this system still remains. And until the leadership is dealt with there will be dozens of more cases that will be forthcoming. The problem remains that people are talking and no one is listening,"
Dr. Lewis announced his intention to run for Hartford Mayor. He remarked that Hartford was “one of the highest failing school districts” in the U.S., citing a depleted economy, a high tax rate, a slowly growing housing market and an under supported police force as the center focus of his campaign.
- The Prince of Preachers: Listen to the Voice, Companion Press (1995)
- Healing for the 21st Century, Whitaker House (2001)
- Keys to Unlocking Your Destiny, Whitaker House (2002)
- The Total Package: Keys to Acquiring Wealth and Walking in Divine Health (co-author with George B. Thompson), Legacy Publishers International (2003)
- The Obama Principle: Creating a Life of Reward Through the Power of Perseverance, Foghorn Publishers (2009)
- Why I Love Chiropractic, Foghorn Publishers (2010)
Awards and Recognitions
Shirley Chisolm Community Leadership Award (2014)
CT State Assembly Recognition for Student Advocacy
- "The Scribe's Institute Inc". Retrieved 2020-04-18.
- Lurye, Rebecca. "Three Hartford mayoral challengers submit signatures for next month's Democratic primary". courant.com. Retrieved 2020-04-18.
- "Keys To Unlocking Your Destiny". OverDrive. Retrieved 2020-04-19.
- Staff (2019-10-30). "Freedom: A call for black people to reconsider their loyalty to the Democratic Party". Libertarian Party. Retrieved 2020-04-18.
- "Austin Joseph Lewis". courant.com. Retrieved 2020-04-19.
- "Austin Joseph Lewis". chicagotribune.com. Retrieved 2020-04-19.
- "African-American Pentecostalism can renew nation, says Emory's Robert Franklin". Harvard Gazette. 2005-03-24. Retrieved 2020-04-19.
- Lewis, Aaron D. (January 2001). Amazon - Dr. Aaron D. Lewis. ISBN 0883686538.
- "Hartford candidates claim voter suppression". WTNH.com. 2019-10-14. Retrieved 2020-04-20.
- "Hartford mayoral election underway | News Break". News Break Hartford, CT. Retrieved 2020-04-20.
- Inc, HRIS. "The Scribe's Institute - Martin Luther King Gala for Literacy and Learning 06103 - HAR.com". Homes And Rentals - HAR.com. Retrieved 2020-04-20.
- "Where to celebrate Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day | Hartford Public Schools". Retrieved 2020-04-20.
- blvd 200, columbus. "Martin Luther King Gala for Learning and Literacy 2020 - 2020-01-19 January 2020". Evensi. Retrieved 2020-04-20.
- "MLK Gala For Literacy & Learning". courant.com. Retrieved 2020-04-18.
- "Martin Luther King Gala for Learning and Literacy 2020". Eventbrite. Retrieved 2020-04-18.
- "Scribe's Institute Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Gala". courant.com. Retrieved 2020-04-18.
- Rio, Joseph Wenzel IV, News Editor and Patricia Del. "Mother speaks out on sexting scandal involving her daughter". WFSB. Retrieved 2020-04-18.
- "Lawyer.com - 13-year-old Students Receives Sexual Text Message From School Admins". www.lawyer.com. Retrieved 2020-04-20.
- DesRoches, David. "Child Advocate: Hartford Schools Promoted Administrator After Abuse Allegations". www.wnpr.org. Retrieved 2020-04-20.
- "Hartford Mayor Speaks After Resignation of School Administrator". NBC Connecticut. Retrieved 2020-04-18.
- "Hartford Mayor Speaks After Resignation of School Administrator". NBC Connecticut. Retrieved 2020-04-20.
- "Austin Joseph Lewis". chicagotribune.com. Retrieved 2020-04-20.
- "Hartford mayoral candidates take part in final debate before Election Day". WFSB. Retrieved 2020-04-18.
- Staff, WFSB. "Hartford, New Haven mayoral races will be a focus on Tuesday". WFSB. Retrieved 2020-04-18.
- "NBC Connecticut Hosts Hartford Mayoral Forum With One Week to Election Day". NBC Connecticut. Retrieved 2020-04-18.
- "Five candidates registered for Hartford's Mayoral Race". Hartford Business Journal. Retrieved 2020-04-18.
- Lurye, Rebecca. "After violent week, Hartford mayoral candidates struggle to address issue of youth crime". courant.com. Retrieved 2020-04-19.
- Lewis, Aaron D. (January 2001). Aaron D. Lewis. ISBN 0883686538.
- ThriftBooks. "Aaron D. Lewis Books | List of books by author Aaron D. Lewis". ThriftBooks. Retrieved 2020-04-18.
- Lewis, Aaron D. (2001-01-01). Healing for the 21st Century. Whitaker House. ISBN 978-0-88368-653-9.
- Lewis, Aaron D. (2002). Keys to Unlocking Your Destiny. Whitaker House. ISBN 978-0-88368-720-8.
- Lewis, Aaron D.; Thompson, George B. (June 2007). The Total Package: Keys to Acquiring Wealth and Walking in Divine Health. Foghorn Publishers. ISBN 978-1-934466-02-5.
- "Events | June Archer - Motivational Teacher, Author, Entrepreneur: Change Your Perspective; Change Your Life!". www.iamjunearcher.com. Retrieved 2020-04-18.
- "100 Men Of Color". Tumblr. Retrieved 2020-04-18.
This article "Aaron D. Lewis" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.