Jose Dace Dumlao III (born August 4, 1986), known professionally as Yung Rizzo, is an Filipino-American Hip Hop artist, producer, and songwriter from San Jose, CA. Yung Rizzo began emerging after his appearance on Filipino televised networks GMA Network and RHTV.
|Add a Photo|
Yung Rizzo in San Jose, CA.
|Birth name||Jose Dace Dumlao III|
|Also known as||Yung Rizzo, Mr. 24/7, Mr. Rizzo|
|Born||August 4, 1986|
San Jose, California, U.S.
|Origin||San Jose, California, U.S.|
|Labels||Fly High Music Group|
On June 27, 2020 his song “Still Here” entered the Spotify charts and debuted on Spotify Viral 50 (Philippines) subsequently being prominently featured on Spotify editorial playlists. Dumlao has engaged with a variety of audiences which include the Filipino hip hop community on Heavy Rotation on myxRADIO (myx TV) on Dash Radio. He was unremittingly on Heavy Rotation’s Top 10 on myxRADIO on Dash Radio and according to De Anza College publication, La Voz News, became Top 5 songs by Asian and Pacific Islander Artists.
Yung Rizzo was born and raised in Bay Area, San Jose, California. His parents emigrated to Lihue, Hawaii from the Philippines, then later moved to California. He attended San Jose State University where he received a Bachelor degree in Sociology in December 2009. In college, he volunteered at after-school programs tutoring elementary school students and has since been involved with helping underserved students within the community.
During an interview with Arizona State University publication, The State Press, he stated, "Next thing you know, I’m in the studio listening to beats, recording tracks, and touring different cities."
In 2007, Rizzo released his first mixtape No Looking Back, the project was a street album due to it containing only original songs. The mixtape included "The Rain" which was his first song to be featured on airwaves, it was made available only physical copies via his official website but later was available on Datpiff.com. No Looking Back was recently re-uploaded to DatPiff.
Yung Rizzo has collaborated with music industry producers such as Vybe Beatz and artists such as hip hop’s own The Jacka, Mistah F.A.B., and others.
Yung Rizzo began to tour nationally and overseas in the Philippines and was a special guest at several music festivals across Luzon, which eventually landed a tour with SM Prime. According to a recent article in Philippine Showbiz Republic, Dumlao mentions, “Whether its national or international, wherever the people want to see me tour, I’m always happy to give them a live performance.”
He released “Game Over" mastered by Tony Dawsey and has dedicated the sales of iTunes towards charity by those affected by natural disasters. This announcement was aired on televised networks GMA Network and RHTV when Yung Rizzo was interviewed by John Nite and German Moreno of GMA in their show Walang Tulugan with the Master Showman.
After hiatus he revisited projects he had been working on throughout preceding years and re-released some music.
The explicit version of "Game Over" was re-released, which never surfaced during the initial radio edit release in 2010. The song appeared on Spotify’s editorial playlist New Music Friday Philippines. The song entered and peaked at #13 on the iTunes (Philippines) chart on July 13, 2020.
Upon releasing a visual for his single, "Still Here", the song was added to numerous playlist by Spotify editorial which led to a spot on Spotify’s Viral 50 (Philippines). The music video was premiered on countless blogs such as ThisIs50
The song “I Got You” also entered the iTunes charts at number 37 on July 8, 2020 and peaked at number 12.
Yung Rizzo also has a clothing line which is branded off his self-owned label, Fly High Music Group.
|2007||No Looking Back||Fly High Music Group|
|2007||Rain||NA||Fly High Music Group||Mixtape on Datpiff.com|
|2008||Let Go||NA||Fly High Music Group|
|2010||Game Over (Radio Edit)||NA||Fly High Music Group|
|2019||Game Over||NA||Fly High Music Group||Debuted No. 13 and peaked No. 13 on iTunes Chart (Philippines) Top 200|
|2019||Deja Vu (with Joyce) )||NA||Fly High Music Group|
|2020||I Got You (with Joyce)||Great Minds||Fly High Music Group||Debuted No. 34 and peaked No. 12 on iTunes Chart (Philippines) Top 200|
|2020||No Mercy||Great Minds||Fly High Music Group|
|2020||Still Here||Great Minds||Fly High Music Group||No. 50 on Spotify Charts Viral 50 and No. 11 on iTunes Chart (Philippines) Top 200|
|2019||Mindset||Fly High Music Group|
|2020||Great Minds||Fly High Music Group|
|2021||DUMLAO (with Mistah F.A.B., Turf Talk)||Fly High Music Group|
In the media
- "Jose Dumlao III". AllMusic. Retrieved May 13, 2020.
- "ACE Repertory". ASCAP. Retrieved 2019-10-03.
- "Yung Rizzo". AllMusic. 2020. Retrieved May 13, 2020.
- Crates, Online (July 8, 2020). "Bay Area Rapper Yung Rizzo Is Heating Up With "Still Here"". All Hip Hop. Retrieved July 8, 2020.
- "Yung Rizzo Episode 2 Walang Tulugan with the Master Showman". January 1, 2012.
- Kumpletos Rekados, Atorni (March 19, 2012). "RHTV - SHOWBIZ TSISMIS - Interview with Yung Rizzo".
- "Spotify Charts Viral 50". Spotify Charts. Retrieved 2020-07-06.
- "Heavy Rotation Show". Heavy Rotation Show. May 3, 2020. Retrieved May 3, 2020.
- Lagmay, Roselle (May 14, 2020). "De Anza's Top 5 songs by Asian and Pacific Islander Artists". La Voz News. Retrieved July 5, 2020.
- Larson, Amanda (10 November 2011). "Broke's the New Black: "So Why Not Fly High?"". The State Press. Retrieved 3 August 2019.
- "Datpiff.com: Yung Rizzo: No Looking Back". Retrieved 2010-02-14.
- "Yung Rizzo and DJ SpinDizzy". YouTube. 2010-09-27. Retrieved 2018-09-18.
- "Yung Rizzo - Let Go". Vevo. 23 February 2015. Retrieved 3 August 2019.
- "Yung Rizzo - Let Go [Label Submitted]". WorldStarHipHop. 16 June 2011. Retrieved 3 August 2019.
- Travis, Theodore (17 May 2019). "Yung Rizzo Makes HHW Debut With New EP 'Mindset'". Hip Hop Weekly. Retrieved 25 August 2019.
- Bacud, Mildred (30 May 2020). "Yung Rizzo makes it to Spotify's most in demand Hip-Hop artist". Philippine Showbiz Republic. Retrieved July 6, 2020.
- Discogs.com: Game Over by Yung Rizzo
- Yung Rizzo Released The Dynamic Hit “Game Over”. Buzz-Music.com (2019-05-24). Retrieved on 2019-05-24.
- Blanco, Evie (3 July 2020). "Yung Rizzo Unleashes Video For "Still Here" & Charts Spotify Viral 50". Respect Magazine. Retrieved July 6, 2020.
- Bettis, Jeremy (10 July 2020). "Yung Rizzo – "Still Here" (Official Video)". ThisIs50.com. Retrieved September 7, 2020.
- "iTunes Philippines - Top Songs July 8, 2020". 10 July 2020. Retrieved August 19, 2020.
- "Fly High Clothing". Retrieved 2019-08-03.
- "Game Over - Single by Yung Rizzo". iTunes. Retrieved May 17, 2019.
- "Deja Vu - Single by Yung Rizzo". iTunes. Retrieved June 14, 2019.
- Yung Rizzo on Twitter
- Yung Rizzo on Facebook
- Yung Rizzo on Instagram
- on 's channelYouTube
- Yung Rizzo on spotify
- Yung Rizzo on tidal
- Yung Rizzo on music apple
- Yung Rizzo on soundcloud
- Yung Rizzo | Discography | Discogs
- Yung Rizzo - Listen on Deezer | Music Streaming
- Fly High Music Group Artist Yung Rizzo ... - WFMJ.com
- Mindset by Yung Rizzo on Amazon Music - Amazon.com