WiJungle is a global enterprise cybersecurity product company headquartered in Jaipur, India. It develops and markets Unified Cyber Security platform and serves private and government organisations across all major industry verticals. As of November 2019, WiJungle affirmed to protect more than 20 Million end users worldwide.
The unified product enables businesses to manage and secure networks via a single window. It is currently delivered in appliance and virtual form. The global IT research & advisory firm, Gartner, acknowledged WiJungle as among the highest rated vendors as per Gartner Peer Insights ‘Voice Of the Customer’: Network Firewall Report consecutively for the years 2020 & 2021.
Karmesh Gupta & Praveen Gupta co-founded HttpCart Technologies Pvt. Ltd. in October 2014 with the vision to make it a global product company out of India. HttpCart launched its first product on April 01, 2015, as an Unlimited Free WiFi service and subsequently became the first Indian private company to offer it. However, due to slow adoption & capital issues, it was closed down within a year.
In December 2016, WiJungle was again reintroduced as a Social WiFi product but the then ongoing massive telecom revolution in India thwarted their operations within two & half months itself. Later, in April 2017 WiJungle was reconceptualised into Unified Network Security Platform to pursue the company's vision to serve a billion users. In February 2018, the company made its first overseas sale.
Products and services
In 2017, WiJungle was launched with 12 different product models to cater small & mid market businesses. Further in March 2019, X series & high end models were added to the product portfolio to serve large enterprises.
WiJungleOS is the proprietary operating system & the security fabric of all products. Products are sold via its channel partner network, which includes system integrators, distributors, and resellers across 30 countries worldwide.
|Year||Name of Award/Honor||Awarding Organization|
|2018||Recognized among the ‘Most Innovative Product Of The Year||Nasscom & Data Security Council of India|
|2019||New Product Innovation Of The Year in Cyber Security category for the Middle East, Africa and South Asia region||Frost and Sullivan|
|2019||Aegis Graham Bell Award 2019||NITI Aayog|
|2020||Recognized as among the highest-rated vendor||Gartner|
|2020||Karmesh Gupta in Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia 2020 List as the youngest recipient in Enterprise Technology Category||Forbes|
|2021||Tech Startup of The Year||Entrepreneur Magazine|
- "WiJungle - Crunchbase Company Profile & Funding". Crunchbase. Retrieved 18 August 2021.
- Bureau, BW Online. "Gartner Recognizes WiJungle Among Highest Rated Vendor In-Network Firewall". BW Businessworld. Retrieved 18 August 2021.
- "With 450pc Y-o-Y growth, this Tier II cybersecurity startup is aiming to reach 50+ countries and 10K+ paying clients". YourStory.com. 2 May 2021. Retrieved 18 August 2021.
- "No change in screen time, but WiJungle CEO has had longer calls during WFH". The Economic Times. Retrieved 18 August 2021.
- "WiJungle Looks To Solve Fragmented Cybersecurity Market by Unifying Security Products". Inc42 Media. 16 March 2020. Retrieved 18 August 2021.