|Alma mater||Jai Hind College, Mumbai|
|Years active||2014 - present|
Sandesh Motwani (born June 19, 1994) is an Indian singer, songwriter, record producer, and filmmaker. Sandesh specializes in Pop and R&B genres and has so far gained popularity for his singles Hanuja, Jaan Tu Leja, Yeh Baarishein, and Feel You. Sandesh is currently associated with three of the leading record labels in India - T-Series, Sony Music and Saregama.
Sandesh is regarded as one of the fastest-growing musical artists in UAE, USA, Europe and India known for his unique approach to his songwriting and music production and a blend of soft, soothing, and powerful tones. Throughout his career, he has collaborated with over 70+ international artists for his popular releases. Motwani's artistic efforts attempt to go beyond the typical music production playbook in order to carve out a distinct position in the industry.
Sandesh is an independent artist who has made significant contributions to the development of a diverse music production environment in the Indian music industry. Sandeshi has also amassed a sizable fan base for his popular song covers, which, like his originals, are available on all streaming platforms. He has over 56,000 followers on Youtube and over 14,000 monthly listeners on Spotify and a total of 100 Million+ views and streams from all his releases on YouTube and 60+ music streaming platforms.
Early life and education
Sandesh was born on June 19, 1994, in Mumbai, India. During his teenage years, Motwani was inclined towards the artistic field and had a profound interest in dancing as well as music. Sandesh initially decided to study aerospace engineering but switched careers mid-way, for his inclination towards music and filmmaking increased and hence decided to pursue his passion. He enrolled in Jai Hind College, where he studied from 2010-2012 for his Junior College and 2013 - 2016 for his graduation in mass media and journalism. During his time there, he participated in several musical festivals, live performances and concerts receiving great reception for his musical performances. His younger brother - Vishesh is also a singer-songwriter himself with a keen interest in filmmaking and music production and has been Sandesh’s partner on his musical and filmmaking journey since the age of 14. Vishesh has also been the cinematographer as well as co-music producer for all of Sandesh’s musical works and official releases.
Sandesh started his career as a professional music artist in 2014 when he was discovered by Sony Music. He got his break in the industry at the age of 19 with his song Muskurane from the movie CityLights. He got the opportunity to record a rock version of the song and was also included in the music video as an emerging and prospective rising artist. His distinct approach to music and singing landed him a contract with the record label, where he collaborated on various projects, including Project Refresh and several other music productions works for songs like Samjhawan, and Khamoshiyan, to name a few.
With his stride, Motwani received an offer as a project director from Saregama, another renowned music company in India, to oversee the reworking of vintage retro songs with a modern perspective. During this time he worked on various songs from the Saregama library including Oh Haseena Zulfon Waali, Kya Hua Tera Waada, Khoya Khoya Chaand, Aaj Kal Tere Mere Pyaar Ke Charche alongside other prolific artists Sukriti Kakar & Prakriti Kakar all of which are yet to be released. He gained recognition amongst the industry for his international sound and music production style during these projects.
Motwani's mashup cover of "Agar Tum Saath Ho" and "Safarnama" became popular in 2017 and was eventually picked up by T-Series to be published as the official Tamasha mashup on their YouTube channel. In the same year, he also released his first mashup cover in collaboration with Dhvani Bhanushali, another prolific Indian music artist. This mashup acquired 5 Million views in just five days. Having attained such viral success, he decided to work on multiple mashups with global artists. In three years, his projects earned him over 100 million views and streams from all of his mashups.
In 2021, Motwani released his debut single titled Hanjua, which received great reception in Dubai and India. In the same year, he also released three more singles - Jaan Tu Leja, which was shot and produced in Dubai, Feel You, his debut English song, and Yeh Baarishein, his first Bollywood driven single.
|2||Jaan Tu Leja||2021||Single|
Mashups & Covers
|1||Maa Tujhe Salaam||2000||Cover|
|3||Muskurane - Rock Version||2014||Single|
|4||Agar Tum Saath Ho / Safarnama||2017||Mashup|
|5||All We Know / Nahi Saamne||2017||Mashup|
|6||Shape of you / Gulabi Aankhen||2017||Carpool Mashup|
|7||Aadat / Hello||2017||Mashup|
|8||Attention / Chura Liya Hai||2017||Mashup|
|9||Dil Kya Kare / New Rules||2017||Mashup|
|10||Fetish / Hume Tumse Pyaar Kitna||2017||Mashup|
|11||Perfect / Lag Jaa Gale||2018||Mashup|
|12||Uptown Funk / O Humdum Soniyo||2018||Mashup|
|13||Luka Chuppi / Tu Bin Bataye||2018||Mashup|
|14||Havana / Ek Ladki Bheegi Bhagi Si||2018||Mashup|
|15||Enna Sona / Samjhawan||2018||Mashup|
|16||Tere Bin / Rockabye||2018||Mashup|
|17||Zara Zara / Dil Ko Tumse Pyaar Hua||2018||Mashup|
|18||A Thousand Years / Kahin Toh Hogi Woh||2018||Mashup|
|19||Dil Diyan Gallan||2018||Cover|
|21||Girls Like You / Sugar / She Will Be Loved||2018||Mashup|
|22||Jiya Jale / Kehna Hi Kya||2019||Mashup|
|23||Tere Bin / Sanu Ek Pal||2019||Mashup|
|24||Shallow / Tum Hi Ho||2019||Mashup|
|25||God Is A Woman / Rehna Tu||2019||Mashup|
|26||Beautiful / Raabta||2019||Mashup|
|27||Woh Lamhe / No Tears Left To Cry||2019||Mashup|
In the media
- "Sandesh Motwani's "Yeh Baarishein" is the perfect song for these rains". DNA India. 16 August 2021. Retrieved 25 September 2021.
- "Sandesh Motwani's debut song marks a special place in his musical history". www.mid-day.com. 3 August 2021. Retrieved 25 September 2021.
- "A glance at how Manuel Suarez has helped Businesses achieve Maximum Growth". www.mid-day.com. 19 August 2021. Retrieved 25 September 2021.
- "Singer-Songwriter Sandesh Motwani shares his musical journey". www.mid-day.com. 19 August 2021. Retrieved 25 September 2021.
- "Anjana Sukhani grace the event - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 25 September 2021.
- "Sandesh Motwani delivers a stellar cinematic experience with his latest song". Hindustan Times. 23 July 2021. Retrieved 25 September 2021.
- "Artist Vishesh Motwani sings to the beat of our hearts in his debut song". Hindustan Times. 26 July 2021. Retrieved 25 September 2021.
- "Artists Sandesh Motwani & Oshin composes a song dominating the music industry". Deccan Chronicle. 8 June 2021. Retrieved 25 September 2021.
- "Yeh Baarishein by Sandesh Motwani & Anagha Gaikwad: A timeless love song". Deccan Herald. 17 August 2021. Retrieved 25 September 2021.
- IWMBuzz, Author: (6 October 2019). "Instagram Queen of the week: Dhvani Bhanushali". IWMBuzz. Retrieved 25 September 2021.CS1 maint: extra punctuation (link)
- IWMBuzz, Author: (21 October 2019). "Dhvani Bhanushali is the Queen of Music". IWMBuzz. Retrieved 25 September 2021.CS1 maint: extra punctuation (link)
- Service, Tribune News. ""Hanjua" marks as a hard-hitting pop debut for singer-songwriter Sandesh Motwani". Tribuneindia News Service. Retrieved 25 September 2021.