The topic of this article may not meet Wikitia's general notability guideline. (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Add a Photo|
Mark S. Rossi
|Citizenship||United States of America|
|Occupation||Private equity investor|
|Organization||Cornerstone Equity Investors|
|Title||Founder and senior managing director|
Mark S. Rossi is an American private equity investor. He is a founder and senior managing director of Cornerstone Equity Investors.
Rossi is also an active corporate director. He is the previous Chairman of the Board of Maxwell Technologies, which was sold to Tesla in 2019,. and the current Chairman of the Board of Cardtronics, PLC.
From 1981 to 1984, Rossi was President of Prudential Equity Investors, the private equity subsidiary of Prudential Financial. He and other executives later founded Cornerstone Equity Investors, a New York-based investment firm.
From 1984 to 2011, Cornerstone funded over 120 companies through buyouts and growth equity financing in technology, healthcare services and products, business services, and consumer products. Portfolio investments included Conner Peripherals, Dell Computer, Equitrac, Inc., Health Management Associates, Linear Technology, Micron Technology, Centurion Wireless, Team Health, and True Temper Sports.
Subsequent to his years at Cornerstone Equity Investors, Rossi has been an active investor in early- and growth-stage companies. He was the largest individual investor and Board Chair of Voci Technologies which was sold to Medallia (MDLA) In May 2020.  Rossi is also an active investor in a number of private companies including Sight4All and Intelomed where he serves as the Chairman of the Board.
Rossi has been a supporter and board member of philanthropic organizations, including AFS, Saint Vincent College and Inner-City Scholarship Fund.
After graduating with highest honors from Saint Vincent College in 1978 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics, Rossi earned a Master of Business Administration degree from the J.L. Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University as an FC Austin scholar
Rossi is originally from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and is an avid Steelers fan. He and his wife, award-winning fiction writer Maureen Pilkington, are based in New York and have two grown children.
- "Tesla Completes Acquisition of Maxwell Technologies | Tesla, Inc". ir.tesla.com.
- "Tesla completes Maxwell acquisition, ushers another era of battery breakthroughs".
- "Tesla Plans to Acquire Maxwell Technologies in Deal Valued at $218 Million". Fortune.
- Ferris, Robert (February 4, 2019). "Tesla to buy energy tech company Maxwell Technologies for about $218 million". CNBC.
- Shields, Nicholas. "Tesla has acquired Maxwell for $218 million". Business Insider.
- Inc, Cardtronics USA (November 1, 2018). "Cardtronics Appoints Mark Rossi as Chairman of the Board". GlobeNewswire News Room.
- "Cardtronics (CATM) Appoints Mark Rossi as Chairman".
- "Cardtronics names new chairman". New Milford Spectrum. November 1, 2018.
- "Mark S Rossi, Cornerstone Equity Investors LLC: Profile and Biography". Bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2020-09-17.
- "Medallia Completes Acquisition of Voci Technologies". Medallia.
- "Mark Rossi". April 5, 2020.
- "Saint Vincent College | Alumni of Distinction". www.stvincent.edu.
- "Mark Rossi ('80)". www.kelloggfn.org.
- Mark S Rossi, Cornerstone Equity Investors LLC: Profile
- Mark Rossi on linkedin
- Mark Rossi - Topio Networks
- Board of Directors - Investor Relations | Cardtronics, Inc.
- Mark Rossi - Chair of the Board at Cardtronics PLC | The Org