|Add a Photo|
|Born||December 5, 1994|
Agra, Uttar Pradesh, India
|Organization||Indian National Association of Legal Professionals|
|Known for||Climate Policy & Governance Research|
|The role and relationship of climate justice and common but differentiated responsibilities & respective capabilities (CBDR-RC) principle in the international climate change legal framework.|
Manuj Bhardwaj is an India based international lawyer and a specialist in foreign and climate policy. He practices in various international tribunals and advise inter-governmental bodies, corporations and governments on issues related to trade, climate change and international economy. He is a qualified lawyer with Bar Council of India and currently the Executive Secretary of The Indian National Association of Legal Professionals (INALP). He is also the Co-Chair of The India - UK Legal Exchange Programme.
Biography and family
Manuj Bhardwaj was born to a Brahmin family in Agra, India in 1994. His father B.P. Sharma is a retired senior officer from Government of India and his mother Manuj Sharma is a homemaker. He lived in New Delhi from 2011 until moving to The Netherlands in 2017 for his further studies. He is also a founding member of The Netherlands Indian Student & Alumni Foundation launched in 2018 under the aegis of Embassy of India in The Netherlands . Manuj completed his schooling in Agra and then got admission in a law college in Delhi NCR to pursue his B.A.LL.B.
- Completed his B.A. LL.B from Lloyd Law College, Delhi NCR (India) in 2016.
- Completed his Double MSc. in Public Policy & Human Development with Specialization in Foreign Policy & Development from United Nations University - MERIT and Maastricht University, The Netherlands.
Career and research
Manuj started working in a not-for-profit organization as an advocatein New Delhi in 2016. He has interned with Nobel Peace Laureate - Kailash Satyarthi and was also an intern at House of Commons at The British Parliament. He was appointed as the Indian Representative of the Youth Human Rights and Democracy Network of The Commonwealth Secretariat in 2017. In 2017, he started his own legal & policy advisory and strategy firm where he heads the international trade, climate governance and energy policy advisory team. He dons multiple hats - of a lawyer, public policy professional and an enthusiast of climate and trade law. He has lead delegation young lawyers & law students to the US and UK in the past. Manuj specializes in investment law and have advised many clients in Europe and India.He is a practitioner of international law and international relations. He has a keen interest in climate change issues and have done extensive research in the field. As an acknowledgement of the depth of his research, his master's thesis was published by Connect4Climate which is a multi-donor trust fund of the World bank Group. Manuj is passionate about climate issues and currently pursuing a research on how economic growth & climate action can prevail together for the developing and under-developed countries. Manuj is an adjunct faculty of Climate & trade laws at various universities in India and is a commentator on foreign policy issues. 
International engagements and missions
- He is the only young person from India to be invited by the then Hon'ble Prime Minister of United Kingdom Theresa May to a reception of 53 heads of states during the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting 2018 in London.
- Only Indian and the youngest member of the Commonwealth Secretariat Observer Mission to Sierra Leone for the General Elections under the leadership of Former President of Ghana in 2018.
- Invitee to the UNFCCC's COP 23 in Bonn, Germany.
- Convenor of the International Conference on Trade & Investment laws organized by the United Nations Conference on Trade & Development (UNCTAD) in India in March 2019.
- Speaker at The World Investment Forum 2018 organised by UN Geneva Office.
Awards and appreciation
- Best Social Youth Entrepreneur by Dhaka Chambers of Commerce in Dhaka, Bangladesh in 2015.
- Youth Icon Award - 2016 by APJ Abdul Kalam Foundation in Chennai, India in 2016
- Appreciation letter by Commonwealth Secretary General Patricia Scotland
- "On the Importance of Climate Justice". Connect4Climate. 2019-05-03. Retrieved 2020-06-29.
- "Indian National Association of Legal Professionals | Executive Committee". www.indianlegalassociation.org. Retrieved 2020-06-29.
- "The ILS Asia Committee/India Subcommittee hosts the India Delegation". International Law Section. 2019-12-17. Retrieved 2020-06-29.
- Newsdesk, Asianlite. "India-UK Legal Exchange Programme Heralded | Asian News from London". Retrieved 2020-06-29.
- "Lord Gadhia launches the India-UK legal exchange programme". New Asian Post. 2018-02-07. Retrieved 2020-06-29.
- "New Cross-Culture Adventure For the Law Industry". Wiseman Lee. 2018-02-20. Retrieved 2020-06-29.
- Manuj Bhardwaj @ India - UK Legal Exchange Programme, retrieved 2020-06-30
- "Manuj Bhardwaj". The NISA Foundation. 2018-08-10. Retrieved 2020-06-29.
- "India in Netherlands (Embassy of India, The Hague)". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 2020-06-30.
- "Lloyd Law College I Best law college in india". internship.lloydlawcollege.edu.in. Retrieved 2020-06-29.
- Bhardwaj, About Manuj. "Manuj Bhardwaj, Author at Vaahan". Vaahan. Retrieved 2020-06-29.
- posts, Mahak Rathee232 (2016-01-17). "Interview: Manuj Bhardwaj, Chair, INBA (Section for Law Students)". Legal Desire. Retrieved 2020-06-29.
- Secretariat, Commonwealth (12 February 2018). "Indian law students visit Commonwealth headquarters".
- Press Release, Lawctopus. "BSM Legal Advisors launched in The Hague" (PDF).
- "YouTube". www.youtube.com. Retrieved 2020-06-30.
- Ramchurn, Sheena (2017-02-15). "Leading International British Law Firm Zaiwalla & Co Hosts The Indian National Bar Association (Inba) At The Law Society London - Business, Events, Latest, National, Press Releases, Top Stories". The Asian Today Online. Retrieved 2020-06-29.
- "Seminar attended by international delegates - London Metropolitan University". www.londonmet.ac.uk. Retrieved 2020-06-29.
- Service, Tribune News. "Seminar dwells on legal education in India". Tribuneindia News Service. Retrieved 2020-06-29.
- "Management | India Think Council". www.indiathink.org. Retrieved 2020-06-29.
- "Aryans Group organizes seminar on legal education in India - The Northern Herald". www.thenorthernherald.com. Retrieved 2020-06-29.
- "YouTube". www.youtube.com. Retrieved 2020-06-29.
- Secretariat, Commonwealth. "Reports of the Commonwealth Observer Group - Sierra Leone" (PDF).
- "Manuj Bhardwaj, Final Year Student of Lloyd Law College presented with prestigious Youth Icon Award 2016. – Lens Eye, Neither tomorrow nor today, it's now". Retrieved 2020-06-29.
- Meet Our Team - BSM Advisors & Strategists
- MANUJ BHARDWAJ on twitter
- Manuj Bhardwaj on linkedin
- Manuj Bhardwaj, Author at Vaahan
- Executive ... - Indian National Association of Legal Professionals
- On the Importance of Climate Justice | Connect4Climate
- Manuj Bhardwaj on instagram
- Executive Committee – ILA
This article "Manuj Bhardwaj" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.