|Citizenship||United States of America|
Kyle Hupfer is an American lawyer, business executive , government official, political commentator and current chairman of the Indiana Republican Party. He's served as chairman since 2017 and in 2020 he managed Indiana Governor Eric Holcomb's successful reelection campaign.
A native of Pendleton,_Indiana|Pendleton, Indiana, Hupfer earned an undergraduate degree from Manchester University in North Manchester, Indiana and his law degree from Indiana University's McKinney School of Law. While at Manchester, Hupfer played on the varsity men's basketball team under then coach Steve Alford and was captain for the NCAA Division III national runner up team.
In 2005, then Indiana Governor Mitch Daniels named Hupfer the director of the Indiana Department of Natural Resources. Daniels also named Hupfer chairman of the Indiana State Fair Commission. Hupfer left DNR after two years and became Vice President and General Counsel at Proliance Energy.. After that he was a partner at the law firm of Frost Brown Todd|Frost, Brown, Todd and Chief administrative officer|Chief Administrative Officer at IMMI.
In 2017, new Indiana Governor Eric Holcomb named Hupfer chairman of the Indiana Republican Party, replacing outgoing chairman Jeff Cardwell. In 2019, Holcomb tapped Hupfer to run the governor's 2020 reelection campaign.
As chairman, Hupfer has overseen a period of success for Indiana Republicans. Since 2017, Indiana Republicans now control all statewide elected offices, have supermajorities in both state legislative houses, both US Senate Seats, 7 of the 9 Indiana US House Seats, 71 mayoral offices throughout the state and 88% of county elected offices.
As campaign manager, Hupfer oversaw a successful reelection effort for Governor Holcomb. Holcomb received the most votes for governor in Indiana history.
Hupfer lives in Pendleton with his wife and children.
- "Kyle Hupfer, Chairman of the Indiana Republican Party, Seasoned Business Executive and Attorney, Joins Taft Law | News | Taft Stettinius & Hollister LLP". www.taftlaw.com.
- "Hupfer Joins IMMI Executive Team". www.insideindianabusiness.com.
- "DNR director Hupfer resigns". wthr.com.
- Tobin, Michael (December 6, 2019). "The Unlikely Rise of Pete Buttigieg: A closer look at the mayor who could be president". Fox News.
- "One-on-one with Gov. Holcomb's campaign manager". September 16, 2020.
- "taking down words: Statehouse: Kyle Hupfer". www.takingdownwords.com.
- Smith, Brandon (February 1, 2017). "Hupfer Officially Becomes New Indiana GOP Chair". WFYI Public Media.
- "Governor Eric Holcomb Names Kyle Hupfer Campaign Manager – WBIW".
- "HPI Interview: Hupfer takes INGOP to historic new highs". howeypolitics.com.
- "Indiana Governor Election Results". January 5, 2021 – via NYTimes.com.