Jeffrey Miller (professor)
Jeffrey Alan Miller
|Education||Princeton University (Bachelor of Arts, 2006)|
University of Oxford (Master of Studies
University of Oxford (D.Phil, 2012)
|Organization||Montclair State University|
|Known for||Early modern literature, history, and theology|
|John Milton, King James Bible|
Jeffrey Alan Miller is an American literary scholar. He is an associate professor of English at Montclair State University, specializing in the study of early modern literature, history, and theology, with a particular focus on the works of John Milton and his contemporaries.
In 2018, he was awarded a National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) Fellowship to support a full year of dedicated work to complete a book-length critical edition and study of the earliest known draft of part of the King James Bible. In 2019, he was awarded a MacArthur Fellowship.
- Miller, Jeffrey Alan (2018-01-23). "The Earliest Known Draft of the King James Bible: Samuel Ward's Draft of 1 Esdras and Wisdom 3–4". Labourers in the Vineyard of the Lord: 187–265. doi:10.1163/9789004359055_008.
- Miller, Jeffrey Alan (2017). "'Better, as in the Geneva': The Role of the Geneva Bible in Drafting the King James Version". Journal of Medieval and Early Modern Studies: 517–43.
- Miller, Jeffrey Alan (2017). "Fruit of Good Labours: The Earliest Known Draft of the King James Bible". The Times Literary Supplement: 14–15.
- Schuessler, Jennifer (October 14, 2015). "Earliest Known Draft of King James Bible Is Found, Scholar Says" – via NYTimes.com.
- "Fruit of good labours". TheTLS.
- correspondent, Harriet Sherwood Religion (October 15, 2015). "Earliest known draft of King James Bible found in Cambridge" – via www.theguardian.com.
- "Oldest King James Bible draft discovered: Did translators work alone?". October 15, 2015 – via Christian Science Monitor.
- "Jeffrey Alan Miller - MacArthur Foundation". www.macfound.org.
- Luce, Ivan De. "Meet this year's 26 MacArthur 'geniuses,' who each got $625,000 for changing the world". Business Insider.