|Alma mater||Copenhagen Business school|
Jannik Olander (born 1972, Denmark) is a Danish jewelry designer, Entrepreneurship, and television personality. He is the founder of Nialaya Jewelry, a luxury Jewellery and style brand.
Early life and education
Olander was born and raised on a small farm with his family in the countryside in Denmark. His mother, Anette Olander, is a ceramicist. He is the oldest among his four brothers. When he was 19 years old, he moved to London, the United Kingdom. He then moved to California, the United States, in 2007.
Olander’s first job was at Harvey Nichols, a luxury department store in London. He then moved to Munich and began working as a manager at the Polo Ralph Lauren, and later as manager for Polo Ralph Laurens flagship store in Hamburg, Germany. He spent seven years in Europe and opened his own Ralph Lauren store in Illium. He operated 11 stores. Olander also opened Tommy Hilfiger (company) stores. He later sold them and laid the foundation of his company, “Gorilla t-shirts.” The t-shirts were sold in 1,000 stores in 14 different countries.
In 2007, Olander invested in real estate but lost all of it in 2008-2009 in the Real Estate crash after he moved to Los Angeles. He then founded Nialaya Jewelry after returning from his trip to Goa, India, in 2009. He began designing and creating beaded Macramé necklaces and bracelets in the garage of his home in Hollywood, Los Angeles. His first collection was sold through a Beverly Hills, California boutique. He opened the first flagship store at the Melrose Avenue shopping district one year later.
Olander also appeared as the main character on Bravo’s: "Euros of Hollywood.”
He serves as the founder, CEO, and head of design at Nialaya. Olander has designed jewelry for Kanye West, P. diddy, Kardashian family, Justin Bieber, Maluma, Jennifer Aniston, Shawn Mendes, Drake (musician), Paris Hilton, and Snoop Dogg. He also contributes to fashion and lifestyle magazines. He has a net worth of $5 million.
Awards and recognition
In 2014, Olander started a charity for an orphanage in Thailand.
Olander is a permanent citizen of the US and resides in Beverly Hills. He was in a relationship with Playboy model Masha Lund. The couple parted ways in 2011, and Olander started dating Nicoline Toft, an International DJ, and model.
- "Nialaya Jewelry- Handmade luxury with a spiritual edge". Luxuria Lifestyle International. 2020-05-28. Retrieved 2021-02-26.
- Jensen, Jacob Heinel. "Danske Jannik i USA: Håber på Trump-sejr". SE og HØR (in dansk). Retrieved 2021-02-26.
- Bjerregaard, Thomas (2010-09-15). "Hollywoods hotteste smykkedesigner er Vejle-dreng". vafo.dk (in dansk). Retrieved 2021-02-26.
- "The Success Story of Jannik Olander- The Creative Mind Behind Nialaya". www.thehypemagazine.com. Retrieved 2021-02-26.
- "Introducing Spiritual Healing with Style; In the Spotlight: Jannik Olander". Vents Magazine. 2020-12-18. Retrieved 2021-02-26.
- "'Euros of Hollywood' Star Jannik Olander Has Plenty of Drama To Bring To Bravo's New Series". Bustle. Retrieved 2021-02-26.
- "Jannik Olander". Bravo TV Official Site. 2014-09-26. Retrieved 2021-02-26.
- "'Top 10 Entrepreneurs of 2020' – Yahoo Finance | 🚘 LatestLY". LatestLY. 2020-05-11. Retrieved 2021-02-26.
- "Jannik Olander". www.seedster.dk. Retrieved 2021-02-26.
- "Jannik Olander Making Jewellery for All". Vents Magazine. 2021-02-12. Retrieved 2021-02-26.
- "Møt Jannik Olander - mannen bak smykkesuksessen Nialaya". Paleet.no (in norsk bokmål). 2016-12-14. Retrieved 2021-02-26.
- Finans | 9, Skrevet af Claus Fledelius | Artikler og; 7K. "Jannik Olander - Sådan får du succes i USA". finansbureauet.dk (in dansk). Retrieved 2021-02-26.
- Desmond Huthwaite. The Rake. "Nialaya: The LA Jewellery Brand that Matches Style with Spirituality." Retrieved February 26, 2021.
- Telefon: 33111313, Rådhuspladsen 37 1785 København V. "TV-rigmand: Min kæreste var for dyr i drift". ekstrabladet.dk (in dansk). Retrieved 2021-02-26.
- Telefon: 33111313, Rådhuspladsen 37 1785 København V. "Smykkedesigneren scorer ny topmodel". ekstrabladet.dk (in dansk). Retrieved 2021-02-26.
This article "Jannik Olander" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.