Ira Paulo Pozon
Ira Paulo Pozon
|Add a Photo|
|Born||September 10, 1980|
Ira Paulo Pozon (born September 10, 1980) is a Filipino lawyer, business consultant, and public servant. He is the Chief of Staff of Anti-Red Tape Authority and the founder of Caucus, Inc. He is also a published author and columnist and serves as a consultant to legislators in the drafting of policy and legal measures in the Philippines.
Pozon graduated with a Bachelor's degree in International Studies from Miriam College and earned his Masters degree in Business Administration from De La Salle University and his Juris Doctor from Far Eastern University Institute of Law. He was a Chevening Scholar and served as Chevening Regional Ambassador from 2013 to 2014, while completing his Masters of Law in International Commercial Law at the University of Nottingham, UK. He later studied Mandarin Chinese Language and Culture as a Confucius Institute Scholar at Fujian Normal University, China from 2015 to 2016. He is also an alum of the United States Department's International Visitor Leadership Program and a 2018 AsiaGlobal Fellow at the University of Hong Kong.
Pozon previously worked as a Legal Consultant to the Law Offices of Tupaz and Associates from 2011 to 2013. During that time, he also worked as a Legal Consultant to the Development Blueprint for Higher Education Project of the British Council in the Philippines from 2012-2014.
He then served as legal counsel to former Vice President Jejomar Binay, with concurrent roles dealing with high-level executive policy and legal issues on both domestic and international fronts and enhancing foreign relations. He also coordinated and facilitated the historic visit of HRH Anne, Princess Royal of the UK to the Office of the Vice President in March 2015.
In the academe, Pozon taught law at PLM Graduate School of Law, Universidad de Manila, and Miriam College.
Since 2016, he has served as the Legislative Consultant to Hon. Bernadette Herrera-Dy ("BH") of the House of Representatives of the Philippines, where he drafts and prepares legislative bills, policy statements, and speeches, in the creation of law and policy such as the Expanded Maternity Leave Act.
Pozon is also the founder and CEO of Caucus, Inc., a multi-industry, multidisciplinary management consultancy firm. In July 2019, he was appointed as Chief of Staff of Anti-Red Tape Authority, under the Office of the President.
- Cyber Warfare: The Effects of Technological Advancements in Expanding the Concept of War and the Role of Non-state Actors and Individuals
- Public Accountability: An Analysis of the Horizontal and Vertical Accountability Measures in Philippine Law
- Sub Judice and Judicial Privilege in the Impeachment
In the media
- "Ira Paulo Pozon". Caucus, Inc. Retrieved July 7, 2020.
- Watts, David (October 7, 2014). "Chevening Scholars – Ira Paulo Pozon from the Philippines". The University of Nottingham. Retrieved July 7, 2020.
- "11 Pinoys Receive UK Chevening Scholarships this Year". GMA News. July 10, 2013. Retrieved July 7, 2020.
- Quismundo, Tarra (August 5, 2014). "More honors for Filipino Chevening scholar". Philippine Daily Inquirer. Retrieved July 7, 2020.
- "2018 AsiaGlobal Fellows". AsiaGlobal Fellows. Retrieved July 7, 2020.
- "Incentivising Foreign Investments and Partnerships in Higher Education in the Philippines: A Development Blueprint" (PDF). British Council. 2016. Retrieved July 7, 2020.
- Boseley, Sarah (February 23, 2011). "Nursing Dream Fades for Filipinos as UK Jobs Dry Up". The Guardian. Retrieved July 7, 2020.
- "Chevening Alumnus Facilitates HRH Princess Anne's Visit to the Philippines". Chevening. March 20, 2015. Retrieved July 7, 2020.
- "IVLP Alum Expands Maternity Leave Policy". Global Ties US. June 7, 2019. Retrieved July 7, 2020.
- Pozon, Ira Paulo (May 30, 2019). "Expanded Maternity Leave". The Manila Times. Retrieved July 7, 2020.
- "Consulate General Conducts Financial Literacy Seminar for FilCom". Department of Foreign Affairs. May 4, 2018. Retrieved July 7, 2020.
- "UP ISSI 2018 Annual Report" (PDF). University of the Philippines Institute for Small-Scale Industries. 2019. Retrieved July 7, 2020.
- Rosales, Elijah Felice (August 20, 2019). "5 Metro Manila Cities Don't Have Permanent One-Stop Shops–ARTA". Business Mirror. Retrieved July 7, 2020.
- "Finovation 2019: for stronger collaboration and greater credit access through upgraded fintech". Rappler. September 25, 2019. Retrieved July 7, 2020.
- Pozon, Ira Paulo (2013). "Cyber Warfare: The Effects of Technological Advancements in Expanding the Concept of War and the Role of Non-state Actors and Individuals". Ateneo Law Journal. Retrieved July 7, 2020.
- Pozon, Ira Paulo (2012). "Public Accountability: An Analysis of the Horizontal and Vertical Accountability Measures in Philippine Law". Ateneo Law Journal. Retrieved July 7, 2020.
- Pozon, Ira Paulo (2012). "Sub Judice and Judicial Privilege in the Impeachment". Ateneo Law Journal. Retrieved July 7, 2020.
- Ira Paulo Pozon | Asia Global Institute
- Ira Paulo Pozon - Caucus
- Ira Paulo Pozon | South China Morning Post
- Ira Paulo Pozon, Author at The Manila Times
- Caucus, Inc. - Our CEO Ira Paulo Pozon spoke before an audience of government officials, lawyers, and businesspersons in Guangzhou China
- Chevening Scholars – Ira Paulo Pozon from the Philippines
This article "Ira Paulo Pozon" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.