Gerald L. Katell
Gerald L. “Jerry” Katell (born Jan. 29, 1941) is an industrial and commercial real estate developer who lives in Pacific Palisades, Los Angeles.
Gerald L. Katell
|Add a Photo|
|Born||January 29, 1941|
New York, USA
|Other names||Jerry Katell|
|Citizenship||United States of America|
|Occupation||Industrial and commercial real estate developer|
|Parent(s)||Abraham and Sylvia (Merker) Katell|
After establishing his 12-year career in real estate development, Jerry Katell opened Katell Properties, LLC in 1976 and developed over five million sq. ft. of office, industrial and commercial real estate projects in Southern California including Agoura Hills Business Park, Valencia Technology Park and Chesterfield Square.
Walt Disney Concert Hall, served on the building committee and board of directors. (1997-2003)
Katell served on the board of directors for both Los Angeles Music Center, (2003-2006) and Los Angeles Philharmonic Association. (1999-2006)
LA’s BEST, served as board chair (1998-2007). LA’s BEST provides after school education and enrichment for the poorest elementary school children in Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD). (1996-current)
Early life and education
Born and raised in New York, Katell was the only child of Abraham and Sylvia (Merker) Katell. He attended grade schools in Brooklyn and Cambria Heights, Queens, New York, followed by Levittown Memorial High School on Long Island.
In 1962 Katell received his S.B. in Civil Engineering at Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and in 1964 his MBA at Stanford Graduate School of Business, Stanford California.
Katell resides in Pacific Palisades, Los Angeles and was married to Linda (Frantz) Katell (1964-1987) and Sharon (Prewitt) Katell (1991-1999).
Recognitions and honors
National Association of Corporate Real Estate Executives (NACORE), Man of the Year award (2001)
American Cancer Society (2002)
Urban Land Institute, Award for Excellence (2005)
Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD), LA’s BEST Service (2007)
Worldwide Branding, Executive of the Year in Real Estate Development (2014)
- "You Call That a Hot Dog?". Los Angeles Times. July 28, 2002.
- "Katell". Los Angeles Business Journal. December 14, 1998.
- "Largest Commercial Real Estate Developers". American Registry. January 2014.
- "Connect 3 Q&A: Gerald "Jerry" Katell – The Art of CRE". Connect California. December 19, 2019.
- "Katell Properties LLC". Bloomberg.
- "Movin'on Down Town". National Real Estate Investor. May 1, 2002.
- "Board of Directors". LA's BEST. Retrieved 2020-07-31.
- "Jerry Katell | Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) - Academia.edu". mit.academia.edu. Retrieved 2020-07-31.
- "Nacore to Honor Executives of the Year". Los Angeles Times. October 30, 2001.
- "Cancer Society to Honor Gerald Katell". Los Angeles Times. June 18, 2002.
- Gerald L. Katell - Worldwide Member Newsletters
- Gerald L. Katell Named Executive of the Year in Real Estate Gerald L. Katell Named Executive of the Year in Real Estate
- Connect 3 Q&A: Gerald “Jerry” Katell – The Art of CRE
- KATELL PROPERTIES, LLC :: California (US) :: OpenCorporates
- Gerald Katell - Previous President for Katell Family Properties, Inc.
- Gerald Katell | ULI Knowledge Platform - ULI Knowledge Finder
This article "Gerald L. Katell" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.