|Add a Photo|
|Members||Emily Noël; Teresa Wakim; Hannah James; George Lykogiannis; Alistair Anderson; George Lernis; Asako Takeuchi; Andrew Arceci; & Chris Ferebee|
A folk collective, Floyds Row explores the connections between early, classical, folk, bluegrass/newgrass, and world music. WPFW Radio's David Rabin described the collective's eclectic programming as "a mix of Purcell and Bob Dylan played on various instruments, including an accordion and a viola da gamba. Kinda crazy, but it works."
The band’s namesake refers to a street off St Aldate's, Oxford, running between the University of Oxford’s Faculty of Music and the Thames Valley Police station.
Floyds Row evolved from a series of concerts at the University of Oxford in 2012. These first collaborations––organized by Chris Ferebee, along with Alistair Anderson, Andrew Arceci, and several guest musicians––led to the ensemble producing their début recording, The Oxford Sessions (2018).
Floyds Row continues to perform, tour, and record together. Recent venues include the American Folk Art Museum, Andover Community Coffeehouse (Andover, NH), Association of Literary Scholars, Critics, and Writers, Church of the Epiphany (Washington, D.C.), Club Passim, Corner Store Arts (Washington, D.C.), Emmanuel Music-Late Night at Emmanuel, Gaithersburg Arts Barn (Gaithersburg, MD), King's Chapel, Live from Center Stage (Dennis Port, MA), New Deal Cafe, Park Avenue Congregational Church (Arlington, MA), Rockwood Music Hall, ValleyCAST (Whitinsville, MA), the 2016 Winchendon Music Festival, as well as the 2018 Winchendon Music Festival, and other venues throughout the United States.
The ensemble’s personnel varies according to each project’s repertoire, performed with a mix of accordion, autoharp, cittern, double bass, guitar, mandolin, percussion, viola da gamba, violin, and voice.
- Alistair Anderson - concertina & Northumbrian smallpipes (2012-2013)
- Andrew Arceci - cittern, mandolin, guitar, viola da gamba, and bass (2012-present)
- Carrie Cheron - mezzo-soprano & guitar (2020-present)
- Joshua Copeland - baritone (2012-2013)
- Athena Corcoran-Tadd - violin (2012-2013)
- Chris Ferebee - cittern, mandolin, guitar, lyre, and gittern (2012-present)
- Justin Godoy - recorder (2015-2016)
- Anna Griffis - viola (2020-present)
- Jonathan Hess - percussion (2016-present)
- Michelle Humphreys - percussion (2017-present)
- Hannah James - soprano & accordion (2012-2013)
- Tal Katsir - soprano (2012-2013)
- Giorgos (George) Lernis - percussion (2015-present)
- George Lykogiannis - accordion & piano (2015-present)
- Julia McKenzie - violin (2020-present)
- Emily Noël - soprano, autoharp, and Appalachian dulcimer (2015-present)
- James Percival - harmonium (2012-2013)
- Becky Rea - flute (2012-2013)
- Robert Schulz - percussion (2020-present)
- Asako Takeuchi - violin & mandolin (2015-present)
- Rebecca Tay - soprano (2012-2013)
- Teresa Wakim - soprano (2016-present)
- The Oxford Sessions (2018)
"The Oxford Sessions" was recorded at St Hilda's College, Oxford, engineered and produced by Dan Jeffries, with Martyn Harry serving as executive producer. The album was released by Centaur Records and is available through Spotify, Naxos Direct, as well as other platforms.
In the media
- Wexler, Ellyn (October 19, 2016). "All in a Floyds Row: Genre-fusing ensemble to perform at Arts Barn". CultureSpotMC.com. Retrieved August 24, 2020.
- "'Roots Revival Band' from England will headline June 15 Coffeehouse"". Argus Champion. Eagle Times. June 14, 2018. Retrieved August 24, 2020.
- "Arlington church to host Floyds Row concert". The Patriot Ledger. The Patriot Ledger. January 15, 2016. Retrieved August 24, 2020.
- "Winchendon Music Festival to be held June 24-26". Worcester Telegram & Gazette.
- "Winchendon Music Festival plans events". The Gardner News.
- Duckett, Richard. "Winchendon Music Festival returns for 3rd year". Worcester Telegram & Gazette.
- on 's channelYouTube
- Floyds Row on Facebook
- Floyds Row on Twitter
- Floyds Row on jiosaavn
- Buy Floyds Row: The Oxford Sessions Online at Low Prices in amazon
- The Oxford Sessions by Floyds Row on Amazon Music
- Floyds Row on Spotify
- Floyds Row artist profile | SubmitHub
- Floyds Row | Album Discography | AllMusic
- Floyds Row on Apple Music
- Floyds Row | Discography | Discogs
- Floyds Row - Listen on Deezer | Music Streaming