The topic of this article may not meet Wikitia's general notability guideline. (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Ashok Khade, is an Indian entreprenuer and advisor of DICCI.
|Add a Photo|
|Born||1956 (age 64–65)|
Sangli, Maharashtra, India
|Organization||Das Offshore Constructions|
|Net worth||INR 500 crore|
|Parent(s)||Dagadu Tayappa Khade, Tanubai|
He featured in "Defying the Odds: The Rise of Dalit Entrepreneurs" written by Devesh Kapur, D Shyam Babu and Chandra Bhan Prasad.
Ashok Khade is born in poor Chambhar family of Sangli, Maharashtra. His father used to do cobbling and mother was a farm labour. They were total five siblings and his other two brothers later became his business holders.
In 1973, he joined Mazgaon Dock as an apprentice and then quality control division. In 1989 the dock came with a PPP model and setup at unit at Nhava. After few years companies needed welders and builders for platform and then, Khade along with his brothers took the risk and invested in the business.
Das Offshore was established in 1992, headquartered at CBD Belapur, Navi Mumbai. It generally involves with fabrications of oil well rigs in the regions of the Bombay High and employs around 4,500 people mainly from disadvataged groups, making it biggest employer among Dalit owned businesses.
Rohini Fabrication Yard building at Mhasla (Raigad) is built by Das Offshore is going to be Asia's second largest fabrication facility. His company also built skywalk at Bandra and residential complex of NTPC, Solapur.
Das Offshore also have an office at Dubai, UAE and also formed a J.V with Majestic General Trding Co.
In the media
- "Inspirational story of Cobbler's Son who built Rs 500 Cr Empire | The Youth Special". The Youth. 2020-03-19. Retrieved 2020-05-24.
- Kapur, Devesh; Babu, D. Shyam; Prasad, Chandra Bhan (2014-07-18). Defying the Odds: The Rise of Dalit Entrepreneurs. Random House India. ISBN 978-81-8400-639-1.
- Khandekar, Milind (2013-12-15). Dalit Millionaires: 15 Inspiring Stories. Penguin UK. ISBN 978-93-5118-583-3.
- "Das Offshore inks $25 mn JV with Abu Dhabi's Majestic General". Zee News. 2011-11-27. Retrieved 2020-05-24.
- Ashok Khade's - YourStory
- Ashok Khade: Man who built most sought-after offshore fabrication company das Offshore
- Ashok Khade - Book Of Achievers
- Ashok Khade, Son of a Cobbler Now Owns a Firm with Rs 500 Cr Turnover
- How Dalit Entrepreneur Ashok Khade Succeed in life