|Born||March 19, 1987|
Ankesh Arora (born 19 March 1987) is an Indian American serial entrepreneur, author and investor. He is the founder of ARORA New York, a real estate investment and acquisition firm, and A Square Group, a global branding and advertising agency based in New York. He is a member of Made in NY, an incentive program and marketing campaign of the City of New York Mayor's Office of Media and Entertainment (MOME) led by Michael Bloomberg.
Arora is best known for his contribution to the healthcare and advertising industry and is recognized as an integral member of New York City's digital and technology ecosystem. He is the author of the book "Parallel Patient Flow to Reduce Length of Stay in Emergency Departments" which has been highly acclaimed across the country.
Arora is the recipient of New York Southern Tier Young Leadership Award. He has been featured in several media outlets including Forbes, CNBC, Thrive Global, and others.
Early life and education
Arora was born on 19 March 1987 in Vestal, NY. He did his graduation in Biomedical Engineering and post-graduation in Industrial and Systems Engineering with a concentration in Healthcare at Binghamton University. He is also a distinguished alumnus and graduate of Thayer School of Engineering at Dartmouth College in Operations Management.
Arora was awarded the distinction of membership by the executive leadership council of Sigma Alpha Lambda National Leadership and Honors Organization.
Arora started his career in 2009 when he joined the healthcare management at UHS Hospitals. After working for two years at the largest healthcare provider in the Southern Tier of the State of New York, Arora became an investor of Digital.NYC, an official online hub of the New York City digital and technology ecosystem. He contributed significantly to this firm for six years.
In 2011, Arora founded A Square Group, a global branding and advertising agency focused on technology, design, culture, and brand stories. A Square Group is known for offering an array of multichannel services focused on technology, design, culture, and creating & maintaining brand stories. The company has been awarded by the Government of New York City under Mayor Bloomberg for contributions in advertising and events. A Square Group is headquartered in New York, USA and Gurugram, India.
In 2013, Arora became a member of Made in NY, an incentive program and marketing campaign of the City of New York Mayor's Office of Media and Entertainment (MOME) led by Michael Bloomberg.
In 2017, Arora founded ARORA New York, a real estate development, acquisition, and management firm operating in New York. ARORA New York deals in residential and commercial properties and has gained recognition for sourcing luxury real estate investments for global clients, helping them achieve residency, relocation, and capital appreciation goals.
Prior to that, Arora has significantly contributed to the development of several notable companies in healthcare and advertising. He has also co-authored several papers on Mobile Intensive-Care Units and Operating Room Productivity.
Books and publications
- Parallel Patient Flow to Reduce Length of Stay in Emergency Departments, published in 2011, ISBN 1267156716, 9781267156716
- Arora, A., and S. Yoon. 2011. "Optimization Model for Location and Routing of Mobile Intensive-Care Units". Industrial Engineering Research Conference (IERC).
- Arora, A., Yoon, S., Khasawneh, M., and K. Srihari. 2010. "Enhancing Intra-Hospital Patient Transports for Efficient Resource Utilization". United Health Services Hospitals, NY.
- Arora, A., Yoon, S., Khasawneh, M. and K. Srihari. 2010. "Evaluation of Block-Scheduling and Turnover Times to Enhance Operating Room Productivity". United Health Services Hospitals, NY
Arora is the recipient of New York Southern Tier Young Leadership Award.
- "Ankesh Arora - Crunchbase Person Profile". Crunchbase. Retrieved 29 May 2021.
- "About - MOME". www1.nyc.gov. Retrieved 29 May 2021.
- "Agents Of Change: Ankesh Arora". Forbes India. Retrieved 29 May 2021.
- "Agents of Change: Ankesh Arora". Disrupt Magazine. 2021-03-24. Retrieved 29 May 2021.
- "Ankesh Arora - Thrive Global". thriveglobal.com. Retrieved 29 May 2021.
- "Ankesh Arora". scholar.google.com. Retrieved 29 May 2021.
- "Business As Unusual: Leadership Lesson by Ankesh Arora, CEO of A Square Group". thriveglobal.com. Retrieved 29 May 2021.
- "Made in NY™ – Ankesh Arora, CEO and Co-Founder of Mobile Universal". AlleyWatch. 2013-05-08. Retrieved 29 May 2021.
- "For Ankesh Arora, It's All About Apps". Issuu. Retrieved 29 May 2021.