|Add a Photo|
|Born||September 12, 1968|
|Organization||University of Auckland in Auckland, New Zealand|
Ananish Chaudhuri (born September 12, 1968) in Calcutta, India, is Professor of Experimental Economics at the University of Auckland in Auckland, New Zealand. His parents are Ila Chaudhuri (1935- ) and Utpal Chaudhuri (1929–2019).
Chaudhuri attended South Point School in Calcutta from which he graduated in 1987. He then spent three years (1987–1990) at the prestigious Presidency University, which was then known as Presidency College, where he obtained a B.S. in Economics. This was followed by two years at Jawaharlal Nehru University in New Delhi between 1990 and 1992, where he obtained an M.A. in Economics. Chaudhuri completed his PhD in Economics from Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey in 1997.
Prior to joining the University of Auckland, Chaudhuri taught at Washington State University, in Washington, USA and the highly selective liberal arts college, Wellesley College, just outside Boston, MA. In 2020, he was Visiting Professor of Public Policy at Harvard Kennedy School, teaching Behavioral Decision Making in the area of Management, Leadership and Decision Making.
Chaudhuri is the author of the critically acclaimed book Experiments in Economics: Playing Fair with Money, published by Routledge in 2009. Reviewing the book for the  Journal of Economic Literature, David Cooper of Florida State University wrote: What this book is perfect for is giving interested readers who are not professional economists a flavor of what experimental economics does and why it is important. It is the book I gave my mother when she wanted to understand what I was always babbling about (she loved it!)…. The book was also reviewed extremely positively in the Journal of Economic Psychology as well as the Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics.
Chaudhuri has published widely in leading scholarly journals. He is particularly well known for his work on public goods games and is the author of a heavily cited survey article Sustaining cooperation in laboratory public goods games: A selective survey of the literature</a> in the leading journal Experimental Economics. He also published the edited volume Recent Advances in Experimental Studies of Social Dilemma Games, a collection highlighting the latest state of the art in the literature of social dilemma games.
Chaudhuri is currently wrapping up two new projects. Behavioural Economics and Experiments, designed to be an introductory textbook in the area, forthcoming from Routledge and an edited volume Research Agenda in Experimental Economics, forthcoming from Edward Elgar.
- "https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Experimental_economics url=https://web.archive.org/web/20200714144446/https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Experimental_economics |date=2020-07-14
- "https://www.auckland.ac.nz/en.html Webarchive|url=https://web.archive.org/web/20200603014302/https://www.auckland.ac.nz/en.html |date=2020-06-03
- "http://www.southpoint.edu.in/ Webarchive|url=https://web.archive.org/web/20200106151637/http://www.southpoint.edu.in/ |date=2020-01-06
- "https://www.presiuniv.ac.in/web/ Webarchive|url=https://web.archive.org/web/20200513044712/https://presiuniv.ac.in/web/ |date=2020-05-13
- "https://www.jnu.ac.in/ Webarchive|url=https://web.archive.org/web/20200516141036/http://www.jnu.ac.in/ |date=2020-05-16
- "https://economics.rutgers.edu/ Webarchive|url=https://web.archive.org/web/20190402222755/https://economics.rutgers.edu/ |date=2019-04-02
- "https://wsu.edu/ Webarchive|url=https://web.archive.org/web/20200604114931/https://wsu.edu/ |date=2020-06-04 }}
- "https://www.wellesley.edu/ Webarchive|url=https://web.archive.org/web/20200601002346/https://www.wellesley.edu/ |date=2020-06-01 }}
- "https://www.hks.harvard.edu/ Webarchive|url=https://web.archive.org/web/20060903045505/http://www.ksghauser.harvard.edu/socialmovementsworkshops/includes/Personal%20History%20Teesta.doc |date=2006-09-03 }}
- "https://www.amazon.com/Experiments-Economics-Playing-fair-money/dp/0415476313 Webarchive|url=https://web.archive.org/web/20191220051456/https://www.amazon.com/Experiments-Economics-Playing-fair-money/dp/0415476313 |date=2019-12-20
- "https://www.routledge.com/ Webarchive|url=https://web.archive.org/web/20200605195406/https://www.routledge.com/ |date=2020-06-05
- "https://www.aeaweb.org/journals/jel Webarchive|url=https://web.archive.org/web/20200603215157/https://www.aeaweb.org/journals/jel |date=2020-06-03 }}
- "https://www.fsu.edu/ Webarchive|url=https://web.archive.org/web/20200605183035/https://www.fsu.edu/ |date=2020-06-05
- "https://www.journals.elsevier.com/journal-of-economic-psychology Webarchive|url=https://web.archive.org/web/20200608083415/https://www.journals.elsevier.com/journal-of-economic-psychology/ |date=2020-06-08
- "https://www.journals.elsevier.com/journal-of-behavioral-and-experimental-economics Webarchive|url=https://web.archive.org/web/20200506193430/https://www.journals.elsevier.com/journal-of-behavioral-and-experimental-economics |date=2020-05-06
- "https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10683-010-9257-1 Webarchive|url=https://web.archive.org/web/20180604094204/https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs10683-010-9257-1 |date=2018-06-04
- "https://www.springer.com/journal/10683 Webarchive|url=https://web.archive.org/web/20200506131526/https://www.springer.com/journal/10683 |date=2020-05-06 }}
- "https://www.mdpi.com/books/pdfview/book/212 Webarchive|url=https://web.archive.org/web/20180825020005/http://www.mdpi.com/books/pdfview/book/212 |date=2018-08-25
- "https://www.e-elgar.com/ Webarchive|url=https://web.archive.org/web/20200601023753/https://www.e-elgar.com/ |date=2020-06-01
This article "Ananish Chaudhuri" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.