Amanda Louise Macchia
Amanda Louise Macchia
|Add a Photo|
|Education||Paris College of Art|
|Alma mater||Ryerson School of Journalism|
|Awards||Angel Orensanz Foundation Award at AVIFF Cannes|
Amanda Louise Macchia is an Italian-Canadian video artist currently based in Paris, France.
Early life and education
Amanda Louise Macchia was born in Toronto, Ontario. She received her undergraduate degree from the Ryerson School of Journalism, and an MA in Fashion Film & Photography from the Paris College of Art.
In 2014, Macchia directed a feature-length documentary film, Yorkville, about the musical and political history of the Yorkville, Toronto neighbourhood of the same name. The film included interviews with John Kay (musician) of Steppenwolf (band), David Clayton-Thomas of Blood, Sweat & Tears, Ronnie Hawkins, Sylvia Tyson of Ian and Sylvia, and Leon Redbone. It screened at the Anthology Film Archives in New York City and the Woodstock Film Festival in 2015.
Macchia went on to direct a short documentary film about photographer Marcia Resnick, which premiered at the Prague Independent Film Festival in 2017.
In May 2018, Macchia was awarded the Angel Orensanz Foundation Award at AVIFF Cannes for experimental video art.  She then relocated to Paris, France where she began directing fashion editorials and commercials for brands such as Louboutin, Givenchy and Marine Serre which have been published by magazines such as Dazed, Purple (magazine), Billboard (magazine), Schön! Magazine and more.
In April 2019, Macchia directed the first Dropbox Artists documentary, about the making of Kelsey Lu's music video for "Foreign Car", with A24 (company).
Her most recent work, a stop-motion video editorial with Game of Thrones star Maisie Williams and Cartier (jeweler), was published by Female Singapore in September 2020.
- "about / cv". AMANDA LOUISE MACCHIA. Retrieved 2020-10-18.
- "Shift: A Graduate Degree Exhibition by Paris College of Art". PCA. Retrieved 2020-10-18.
- Wilner, Norman (2015-10-14). "Return of the Reel Indie Film Fest". NOW Magazine. Retrieved 2020-10-18.
- Cross, Alan (2015-01-23). "A Documentary About the Awesome, Crazy and Highly Influential Yorkville Music Scene in Torono". A Journal of Musical Things. Retrieved 2020-10-18.
- "NewFilmmakers Spring 2015 Quarterly". Issuu. Retrieved 2020-10-18.
- "PIFF 2017 Official Selection | PIFF 2020". www.prague-film-festival.com. Retrieved 2020-10-18.
- "AVIFF 2018". Aviff Cannes Art Film Festival. Retrieved 2020-10-18.
- "Amanda Louise Macchia". Folkr Studio. Retrieved 2020-10-18.
- AnotherMan. "Inside Christian Louboutin's Circus-Themed Paris Party". AnotherMan. Retrieved 2020-10-18.
- "Behind the Scenes at Rick Owens Men's F/W 2020, Paris - purple TELEVISION". Purple (in français). Retrieved 2020-10-18.
- "Donovan Woods Channels a Past Relationship On Ambient 'Way Way Back': Exclusive". Billboard. Retrieved 2020-10-18.
- "index". Schön! Magazine. Retrieved 2020-10-18.
- Foreign Car, retrieved 2020-10-18
- "Maisie Williams Interview: The Game Of Thrones Actress Comes Of Age". Female Singapore - The Progressive Women's Fashion & Beauty Magazine. Retrieved 2020-10-18.
This article "Amanda Louise Macchia" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.