Adel Quttainah (born 8 March 1969) is a Kuwaiti plastic and reconstructive surgeon who is best known for pioneering breast surgery, facial reanimation, facial cosmetic surgery, hand surgery, laser treatment center, hair transplant, and body contouring. Quttainah is a double board-certified plastic surgeon from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and LMCC I & II Medical Council of Canada. He is widely regarded as one of the leading plastic surgeons in Kuwait who has been active since the early 1990s. He has completed several reconstructive procedures and is widely considered a pioneer in Kuwait.
|Born||March 8, 1969|
|Occupation||Plastic and reconstructive surgeon|
|Years active||1997 - present|
|Known for||Plastic and reconstructive surgery|
|Height||186 cm (6 ft 1 in)|
|Relatives||Omar Quttainah (brother)|
In 2003, Quttainah moved to the Middle East and led the Plastic Surgery department at SAAD Hospital in Saudi Arabia. His clientele includes entertainers, celebrities, and business executives and is spread across the Middle East. Throughout his career, Quttainah has won several awards including, the Plastic Surgery Clinical Research Award, Aesthetic Plastic Surgeon, and others. He has been often named as one of the best doctors of Kuwait since the 2000s.
Quttainah has received recognition from Forbes India, AP news, BusinessInsider, and several others. He operates one of the largest practices in Kuwait and also ranked continuously in the top 100 practices in the country.
Early life and education
Quttainah was born on 8 March 1969 to Esmat Quttainah and Elsie Madsen, in Kuwait. In 1993 Quttainah attended University College Cork-Ireland to complete his MD. Thereafter, he completed his plastic surgery residency at McMaster University Ontario, Canada. In 2002, Quttainah pursued a fellowship in microsurgery and breast reconstruction at the University of Toron, and the next year he completed another fellowship in cosmetic surgery from Hospital Woodbridge in Ontario, Canada.
After completing fellowships from Canada, Quttainah returned to the Middle East in 2003 and joined SAAD Hospital in Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia. During his time at this hospital, Quttainah led their Plastic Surgery Department.
Soon, Quttainah returned to Kuwait and launched the very first private aesthetic surgery clinics in the area. Quttainah gained immediate recognition for his unique methods that constitute all cosmetic medicine and surgery disciplines. His method has been adopted by several medical clinics globally.
Quttainah has over 20 years of experience as a plastic surgeon and has worked alongside some of the world's leading plastic surgeons including, Dr. Ralph Manktelow and Dr. Lloyd Carlsen. Quttainah also assisted Dr. Ivo Pitanguy in a complex cosmetic surgery in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. He specializes in procedures like rhinoplasty, liposuction, facial cosmetic procedures, rhytidectomy (facelift), breast reduction, and hair transplants.
Quttainah has also published several research papers and is a published writer for the Canadian Journal of Plastic Surgery. He was invited by the Canadian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons to lecture at their 31st Annual Meeting in Quebec City, Quebec.
Quttainah is also a volunteer surgeon with Aloha Medical Mission in the Philippines, where he offers free of cost surgery to cleft lip and palate patients along with training the local surgeons.
In 2016, Quttainah started Quttainah Medical Center (QMC), and within four years of its inception, he has established a team of 5000 skilled doctors and dealt with over 4,400 successful cases.
- Champion in Swimming National Team Kuwait
- Active Member of American Society of Plastic surgeon 2005
- Completed post Graduate Programme In Plastic Surgery 2002
- Member of Canadian Society of plastic Surgeon 2004
- Aesthetic Plastic Surgeon 2003
- Active Member of Kuwait Society of Plastic Surgeons 2016
- Awarded in Fellowship Program in The scarborough Hospital General Division 2004
- Active Member in The international Society of Hair Restoration Surgeon
- An International Interdisciplinary Debate AMA PRA Category 1 credits in New york 2013
- Plastic Surgery Clinical Research Award 2004
Quttainah was born in the family of Esmat Quttainah and Elsie Madsen. He is fluent in Arabic, English, Danish, and French. Quttainah is married and has three daughters.
He is passionate about swimming, surfing, and is a car enthusiast. Quttainah is also an art collector and loves to travel around the world.
In the media
- "Dr. Adel Quttainah Is Providing All Aesthetic Enhancement Disciplines Under One Roof". Forbes India. Retrieved 20 November 2020.
- "Dr. Adel Quttainah | Plastic Surgery Consultant". www.rayhanmedical.qa. Retrieved 20 November 2020.
- "Dr. Adel Quttainah". Passions Arabia. 2 February 2019. Retrieved 20 November 2020.
- "Dr. Adel Quttainah Dominates Kuwait's Cosmetic Surgery Industry". finance.yahoo.com. Retrieved 20 November 2020.
- "Dr. Adel Quttainah Continues to Redefine the Cosmetic Industry". finance.yahoo.com. Retrieved 20 November 2020.
- "Dr. Adel Quttainah: The Leading Cosmetic and Reconstructive Microsurgeon". LondonDailyPost.com. 29 August 2020. Retrieved 20 November 2020.
- "Dr. Adel Quttainah: Successfully Combines Cosmetic Medicine and Surgery". Big News Network.com. Retrieved 20 November 2020.
- "Dr. Adel Quttainah: Successfully Combines Cosmetic Medicine and Surgery | | IT Business Net". IT Business Net. 4 September 2020. Retrieved 20 November 2020.
- "Dr. Adel Quttainah: Changing Lives One Surgery at a Time". AP NEWS. 16 September 2020. Retrieved 20 November 2020.
- GmbH, finanzen net. "Dr. Adel Quttainah Continues to Redefine the Cosmetic Industry | Markets Insider". markets.businessinsider.com. Retrieved 20 November 2020.